Best known for our annual event, The Black & White Party, Black & White Party, Inc. is solely dedicated to the cause of providing financial support to service and support providers in the field of HIV/AIDS in Central PA.
The Black & White Party was created by Charles King, then manager of the new Club XS night club in York, PA to support the local community in the field of HIV/AIDS. Shortly after the club opened for business Charles brought the group together which would stage the first Black & White party in May of 2007. With the help of dozens of volunteers and club patrons, it was a success beyond all expectations and $12,500 was donated to Family First Health's Caring Together Program.
Growth - Since that first year Black & White Party, Inc.
has grown considerably:
• Has become an independent, federally recognized 501(c)3 Nonprofit
• Expanded the beneficiaries to include
• Family First Health's Caring Together Program
• Aids Fund of Central PA
• Adler Health's HIV/AIDS Services and Prevention Program
• Currently produces or is the beneficiary of eight annual fundraising events
• Receives significant donations from social groups and other organizations that are not directly involved in the field of HIV/AIDS but choose to support the cause through Black & White Party.
• In five years, The Black and White Party, Inc. has grown into the region's largest fund raising event devoted solely to improving the lives of people living with HIV.
Grown to over 150 volunteers whose dedication makes it all possible.
The Main Event
From its humble beginnings in a tent in the parking lot of a night club, the main fundraiser has grown to feature food from local restaurants, silent and live auctions, local entertainment, dancing, and a featured headliner performer. With the support of the local theater community, the entertainment at The Black & White Party has become a hallmark of the event. Our headliners have included, CeCe Peniston, Martha Wash, Ru Paul, Deborah Cox and Sandra Bernhard.
The Black & White Party 2012
• Returns to the Zembo Shrine in Harrisburg, PA on May 5, 2012
• Theme - The Love Boat
• Beneficiary organizations will be Family First Health's Caring Together Program and Adler Health's HIV/AIDS Services and Prevention Program
John Folby Award for Excellence in the Field of HIV/AIDS - Named for the inaugural recipient, the award is presented at The Black & White Party to a person who has displayed excellence in the field of HIV/AIDS. Past recipients have included volunteers or professionals. The award has been presented to those with a focus on service/support or education/prevention. Along with Mr. Folby, the roster of honorees includes David Leas, Connie Scott, Deborah Gable and Philip Goropoulos.
Past sponsors & supporters:
• Kim Bracey - Mayor of York
• Roche Pharmaceuticals
• Three Olives Vodka
• Merck Pharmaceuticals
• Capital Wine & Spirits
• Tibotech Pharmaceuticals
• Isaac's Family Resaurants
• Make Believin' Costumes
• PA State Rep. Eugene A. DePasquale
• ACE Spirit Distributors
• Uhden Designs
• East Prospect Factory Outlet
• US Food Service
• 3rd Idea
• Gilead Sciences
• Garretson Tile Co.
The Black & White Party, Inc. - P.O. Box 7131 - York, PA 17404 - 717.814.8862
Copyright 2013 - All rights reserved.